As you know, Metrolinx launched a regional transportation plan – “The Big Move” – in September 2008. One of the first projects in this plan was the Eglinton Crosstown.
The Crosstown, a light rail transit line (LRT), will run across Eglinton Avenue between Mount Dennis (Weston Road) and Kennedy Station – a 19km corridor that includes a 10km portion undergound between Keele Street and Laird Drive.
Construction is well underway and is expected to be completed in September 2021.
Currently, the two Tunnel Boring Machines – named Don and Humber – are respectively just west and east of Bayview Avenue.
Station names were recently approved and finalized. The stops in our area include:
- Eglinton Station – Yonge & Eglinton
- Mt. Pleasant Station – Mt. Pleasant & Eglinton
- Leaside Station – Bayview & Eglinton
- Laird Station – Laird & Eglinton
- Sunnybrook Park Stop – Leslie & Eglinton
- Science Centre Station – Don Mills & Eglinton
Metrolinx is hosting a series of public meetings beginning in the spring to share detailed designs and an updated construction schedule from the contractor – stay informed by visiting this link or by calling the Crosstown East’s office at 416-482-7411.