Jaye Robinson is the City Councillor for Ward 25—Don Valley West and Chair of the Transportation, Public Works and Infrastructure Committee.
She brings significant municipal experience to her role as Councillor. Jaye was a senior manager in economic development at the City of Toronto for over 20 years. With an entrepreneurial approach, she successfully merged arts and community building initiatives with economic development strategies, creating a vibrant roster of annual events that generated significant economic benefits for the City. Her resume includes Nuit Blanche, Summerlicious and Winterlicious. Jaye also assumed a leadership role in her community as an executive on the board of her local residents' association.
In her first term, Jaye passed more than 100 motions to improve traffic and pedestrian safety, streamline the planning process, and preserve the beautiful neighbourhoods of Ward 25.
Jaye was re-elected for a second term in 2014 with one of the cities highest pluralities. She continues to focus on improving our City through open discussion and evidence-based decision making. A believer in transparent democracy, Jaye strives to make municipal politics more accessible for residents and to consult the neighbourhoods she represents to inform her position on municipal issues.
Since 2014, Jaye has continued to prioritize community planning and development reform, traffic and congestion management, the improvement of Toronto's fiscal health, and the protection of trees and green spaces.
Current Committee & Board Appointments
- Chair, Public Works & Infrastructure Committee
- Executive Committee
- Art Gallery of Ontario Board of Directors
- Employee and labour Relations Committee
- Canadian Film Centre Board of Directors
- Chair, Toronto's Road Safety Committee
- Toronto Film, Television, and Digital Media Board of Directors
- Chair, Committee of Adjustment Nominating Panel
- Chair, City Theatres Nominating Panel
- Provincial Infrastructure Working Group